Alexa Rank and 10 ways to increase Alexa traffic rank
We have noticed in the start of 2015 a huge change in Alexa rank among most of the popular blogs and websites, you may also notice an increase in the Alexa traffic rank in your own blog lately but most bloggers got a huge decrease in their Alexa traffic rank.
Drop in Alexa rank does not mean drop in traffic, it could simply mean other sites are getting better ranking than you. It is like a contest. And vice versa increase in your Alexa rank does not mean you are getting more traffic, but in most cases it does.
First let’s explain some terms
What is Alexa traffic rank?
Alexa rank is website tool measure sites traffic and rank site by the highest traffic, the site with highest traffic will have an Alexa rank of one (1) which is Google now and number 2 is Facebook. So the higher your rank mean the number on the rank is lower. And if your rank is 150,000 means that 150,000 sites are getting more traffic than you.
So we seek to increase our Alexa ranking by getting lower and lower in the rank measure tool.
How Alexa traffic rank work? And how it can measure traffic?
Basically they use their toolbar and browser extensions to measure traffic, which mean that their rank will be only among users who have installed the toolbar or the extension. Now you can see that this measure tool is not accurate but it is still the most accurate tool online to rank sites by traffic. And it is highly related to users and topics of each site, you could be the highest traffic site in your niche but have a very low Alexa rank only because your visitors do not have Alexa toolbar installed in their browser.
Mostly business, technology, marketing, and internet categories are getting high Alexa ranking, and bloggers who target these categories can get higher ranking.
How important is Alexa traffic rank?
It is important when it come to website value, and when you are trying to attract advertisers to buy ad space on your site. Nothing more.
Simply by increasing traffic to your website, I will not tell you here to install the browser extension or asking your visitors to install it, it is very stupid, and cheap trick, but there are more effective ways to increase Alexa ranking really fast.
Honestly I do not care much about Alexa ranking my main focus is on search engine ranking and how to increase traffic to my site. But other bloggers are very interested to increase their Alexa rank.
Here are some ideas:
1. Use services that exchange traffic in a way that your website will pop up without any frames, such services like Alexaboostup.com and Alexamaster.com.
Alexaboostup.com is really effective in increasing your Alexa rank very fast because they exchange traffic with other webmasters who have the Alexa toolbar and your site will open in a new window and stay open for 60 seconds.
Alexamaster.com is the same but it does not have enough members to boost your rank, but it can help.
2. Use social media extensively, social media is now the number one source of traffic, and you can direct hundreds of visitors from social media to your site. Use viral videos, funny and popular pictures or just post your messages with your links. Especially using Linkedin because most Linkedin members have the Alexa toolbar installed.
4. Buy some cheap traffic from SEOclerks marketplace, you can find some very cheap traffic packages that can really boost your.
5. Read and follow this post Increase Blog Traffic.
6. Comment on other blogs and invite bloggers to comment on your blog.
7. Participate on webmasters forums and share some interesting posts and connect with other members.
8. Create lists on your site, lists that other bloggers and webmasters are seeking, lists of blogs, forums, social networking sites and press release sites. Here is a simple example of list free press release sites.
9. use answer sites, and answer questions related to your topic and refer readers to your blog and blog posts. Yahoo answers and Quora.com.
10. Build backlinks that can increase your search engine ranking and traffic. Here I strongly recommend investing as much money as you can afford, building backlink is the best way to go, not just to increase your Alexa ranking but also increase all your site rankings and traffic. SEO Link building services or by using a powerful marketing software like SEO Software.